Thursday 6 October 2011

Hi :)


Hi, I'm Kate and I’m based in United Kingdom. I have always wanted to write a blog and here I a, this is my first ever post! :)
 I have started making my own jewellery to occupy myself while I was off work looking after my baby daughter. I love Pandora style jewellery and I wanted to make something similar myself. It soon became my hobby as I was enjoying the process sooo much. I've started selling my creations to fund my "obsession" and that's how I’ve ended up with my own little business. The name SafariBeads came from my best selling line of animal print European beads.

How I make my beads.

To tell the long story short: I design them, I polymer clay them, I bake them, I sand them, I buff them, I polish them.....Sometimes I let my now three year old daughter Mila help me with that as she seems to be very interested in jewellery making )) But don't worry, I always inspect the beads for any imperfections before I sell it :) It is a long process and it takes a lot of effort to produce a single bead but I enjoy the process and love the outcome :)



No comments:

Post a Comment